I didn’t pick up any rhubarb from this when I first tried this, yesterday. It gave an overall impression of those Strawberry Shortcake toys (you know how they smelled like fake watery strawberries?). To be fair, I’d just finished drinking a big mug of Butiki’s Ruby Pie (sample from Sil); the rhubarb tartness of that tea made most things I drank afterwards taste sweet and bland in comparison.

Tonight’s cup of this tisane was a lot better. While the rhubarb is still not screaming its presence, it peaks through subtly in the finish and aftertaste. It’s so gentle you might miss it. It’s a citrus tartness that goes from strawberry to rhubarb (albeit an extremely sweetened rhubarb). Mostly, the cup boasts sugary strawberries, and another texture-flavour I like to think of as “doughy”.

Thank you, Sil, for the samples! As far as honeybush blends go, I enjoyed this one, even if there was more strawberries than rhubarb.

You’re welcome. I too found this one more of a strawberry blend…decent but still mostly just a strawberry blend

CrowKettle

Yeah, I was a little disappointed by that. I mixed some of it up with the the Ruby Pie, though, and that was fantastic. I’m glad OMGsrsly has more of that for me, from the giant Butiki order. :)

if you get to it before me, i’d love to hear your thoughts on what i sent you vs your ordered one haha. i still haven’t done a comparison.

CrowKettle

Oh, I’ll definitely do that! I still have cup’s worth of the custom blend so I can drink them both side by side.

Comments

Ratings:

95-100: A Personal Favourite; I’m never without this tea.

90-94: Great! I’ll try to keep a small amount around.

80-89: Enjoyable; I may buy more at some point.

50-69: Something about this tea falls flat for me. Still drinkable.

30-49: This isn’t a particularly pleasant cup.

1-29: …