I still need my milk training wheels for Darjeeling teas. I hope to remove them, and grow a proper palate, by the time I finish all six of the Darjeelings in my cupboard. I’m not entirely optimistic I’ll succeed though.

This is Darjeeling No. 1 out of the way. I took a few sips without milk, felt unsteady on the dry woody terrain, and slammed those extra wheels right back on. Yeah, it was a humiliating show but I felt comfortable. That’s the important part, right?

The highlight of this tea is the sour fruity note in the finish and aftertaste. It’s tangy and grape-like, and makes me want to pull out the cheese and crackers. There’s also a curvy floral tone that’s kind of fancy, and fluffs things up.

This last cup is the best this tea has ever tasted for me. I don’t know if that’s due to me finally paying attention to how it properly or because I was more generous with the serving this time around, but it’s yummy today. Maybe working through the other five Darjeeling teas won’t be so much like a chore after all?

TeaBrat

I usually don’t use boiling water when I make darjeeling tea, I find it sucks all the flavor right out of them!

Looking forward to our journey…I haven’t quite gotten there myself with darjeelings and I’m not sure why…

Our = your bah

gmathis

Curvy. Nice adjective. I like that!

CrowKettle

Aww, Sil! For a moment there you had my hopes up that I wouldn’t have to travel this long four ounce road alone.. if you ever change your mind I can send some out to you via Priority™! :P

CrowKettle

Thanks, gmathis! And I’ll keep that in mind, Amy oh :)

Comments

TeaBrat

Our = your bah

gmathis

Curvy. Nice adjective. I like that!

CrowKettle

Thanks, gmathis! And I’ll keep that in mind, Amy oh :)

Ratings:

95-100: A Personal Favourite; I’m never without this tea.

90-94: Great! I’ll try to keep a small amount around.

80-89: Enjoyable; I may buy more at some point.

50-69: Something about this tea falls flat for me. Still drinkable.

30-49: This isn’t a particularly pleasant cup.

1-29: There’s no way to put it nicely..

BC, Canada