Seven hours ago I made a mug of this, only to have to leave it abruptly so I could clean a couple of houses. I only managed a few sour sips and didn’t even get the chance to add the quintessential milk (in retrospect I’m so glad I didn’t get the chance to add milk, as it would not have complimented this tea).

Instead of dumping it down the drain when I got back, I decided it would be interesting to see if I could drink it cold and plain, but it turns out that it isn’t a hard task.

It started off woody and sour (meh), and then the flavour built to encompass playful strands of creamy, floral and fruity notes. This tea became better the closer I came to the bottom of the mug. By the end it was even sweet, and had a lingering peachy aftertaste.

Yeah, that was the cold cup. Now I’m looking forward to drinking this hot tomorrow! The Darjeeling experience might be ok after all, even without milk.

Fuzzy_Peachkin

It’s a good thing you gave it a second chance. I might have to revisit this tea.

Comments

Fuzzy_Peachkin

A good Silver Needle is my desert island tea.

Ratings: