Seven hours ago I made a mug of this, only to have to leave it abruptly so I could clean a couple of houses. I only managed a few sour sips and didn’t even get the chance to add the quintessential milk (in retrospect I’m so glad I didn’t get the chance to add milk, as it would not have complimented this tea).

Instead of dumping it down the drain when I got back, I decided it would be interesting to see if I could drink it cold and plain, but it turns out that it isn’t a hard task.

It started off woody and sour (meh), and then the flavour built to encompass playful strands of creamy, floral and fruity notes. This tea became better the closer I came to the bottom of the mug. By the end it was even sweet, and had a lingering peachy aftertaste.

Yeah, that was the cold cup. Now I’m looking forward to drinking this hot tomorrow! The Darjeeling experience might be ok after all, even without milk.

Fuzzy_Peachkin

It’s a good thing you gave it a second chance. I might have to revisit this tea.

Comments

Fuzzy_Peachkin

Tea Preferences: My absolute favourites are the floral inclined oolong and white teas. I also enjoy unflavoured green teas, as well as some black teas (flavoured, unflavoured, Indian, Chinese, etc). Puerh is a hit or miss.

Fruit, cedar, anise, and vanilla are good. Black licorice, bergamot, and cheap chocolate are less good. Jasmine, cinnamon, and hibiscus are usually too strong in teas for my taste, but I otherwise like these flavours!

Ratings:

95-100: A Personal Favourite; I’m never without this tea.

90-94: Great! I’ll try to keep a small amount around.

80-89: Enjoyable; I may buy more at some point.

50-69: Something about this tea falls flat for me. Still drinkable.

30-49: This isn’t a particularly pleasant cup.

1-29: There’s no way to put it nicely..

BC, Canada