Six cups later, and a sipdown, and I’m still not sure where I stand with this tea. It has two excellently, distinctive flavours (banana and walnut), yet still loudly goes about with its Keemun base.

A mouthful of this tea transitions something like this: creamy sweet banana, bitter oily walnut, and mellow, earthy-sweet black base. It all pairs nicely and hands out equal does of brisk and creamy, with the continuous backdrop of something sweet.

I found I enjoyed this tea the most when I was generous with the leaf and steep time. I also enjoyed the second steep as some of the sharpness was cut back, allowing for a more mellow and soft, albeit a less sweet and flavorful, banana taste.

Ratings:

95-100: A Personal Favourite; I’m never without this tea.

90-94: Great! I’ll try to keep a small amount around.

80-89: Enjoyable; I may buy more at some point.

50-69: Something about this tea falls flat for me. Still drinkable.

30-49: This isn’t a particularly pleasant cup.

1-29: There’s no way to put it nicely..

BC, Canada