This the last of this tea, and I’ve decided I like it a lot. Today I’m getting lots of peaches and almonds, with an easy going astringency that lends itself to the nuttiness. The finish is sour and fruity-sweet (like citrus), with some floral fluff. The astringent wave retreated after I was more than halfway through the cup.

It often takes me a while to “acclimatize” to this tea’s woody (sometimes grassy) astringency, but once I do I’m able to pick up on the creamy floral notes- those are fantastic. The whole experience reminds of Wanja’s extremely astringent, surprisingly floral, OP Black. The stuff is nippy but there’s a lot of personality underneath.

Edit: Second steep of over five minutes has almost no astringency. It’s floral, sweet and rich. This is a fantastic cup.

Second Edit: Sometimes the first steep had a vegetal seaweed note that I wasn’t super keen on. It was completely absent this particular session and I have no clue why.

Tea Preferences: My absolute favourites are the floral inclined oolong and white teas. I also enjoy unflavoured green teas, as well as some black teas (flavoured, unflavoured, Indian, Chinese, etc). Puerh is a hit or miss.

Fruit, cedar, anise, and vanilla are good. Black licorice, bergamot, and cheap chocolate are less good. Jasmine, cinnamon, and hibiscus are usually too strong in teas for my taste, but I otherwise like these flavours!

Ratings:

95-100: A Personal Favourite; I’m never without this tea.

90-94: Great! I’ll try to keep a small amount around.

80-89: Enjoyable; I may buy more at some point.

50-69: Something about this tea falls flat for me. Still drinkable.

30-49: This isn’t a particularly pleasant cup.

1-29: There’s no way to put it nicely..

BC, Canada