This the last of this tea, and I’ve decided I like it a lot. Today I’m getting lots of peaches and almonds, with an easy going astringency that lends itself to the nuttiness. The finish is sour and fruity-sweet (like citrus), with some floral fluff. The astringent wave retreated after I was more than halfway through the cup.

It often takes me a while to “acclimatize” to this tea’s woody (sometimes grassy) astringency, but once I do I’m able to pick up on the creamy floral notes- those are fantastic. The whole experience reminds of Wanja’s extremely astringent, surprisingly floral, OP Black. The stuff is nippy but there’s a lot of personality underneath.

Edit: Second steep of over five minutes has almost no astringency. It’s floral, sweet and rich. This is a fantastic cup.

Second Edit: Sometimes the first steep had a vegetal seaweed note that I wasn’t super keen on. It was completely absent this particular session and I have no clue why.

95-100: A Personal Favourite; I’m never without this tea.

90-94: Great! I’ll try to keep a small amount around.

80-89: Enjoyable; I may buy more at some point.

50-69: Something about this tea falls flat for me. Still drinkable.

30-49: This isn’t a particularly pleasant cup.

1-29: …