This fruity black tea is from Sil, when she sent me an amazing Strawberry Rhubarb package a few months ago.

I steeped it for 3 minutes in a David’s Perfect Mug, in 208F, sans milk.

There’s more citrus to the aroma than to the taste, and it reminds me a little of an Earl Grey. There’s something lightly smoky to it too, that strangely appealing right now. I feel cozy and nostalgic while drinking this, and I have no clue why.

This seems like a good tea to sip away at while finishing off the fourth book in the Wheel of Time (I’ve unknowingly made a huge commitment).

glad you’re enjoying it :)

CrowKettle

Thanks again, Sil. This one took me by surprise. :)

OMGsrsly

Ahh yes, Wheel of Time. Hope you enjoy them! I think I’m the only one in my family who hasn’t read them… I’m trying to resist.

CrowKettle

Good luck resisting this 12,000 page monster! My older sister wanted me to read this series so she could talk to someone about it, but so far she’s struggling with not spoiling everything. XD

Terri HarpLady

I have the first wheel of time. I’ve had it for a couple years. I still haven’t read it. Instead I read all the sookie stackhouse books, all the Anita Blake books, the entire game of thrones series, the greywalker series, a few others, & now I’m reading the entire Sherlock Holmes collection. So obviously I don’t have a problem with making commitments when it comes to books, but I keep avoiding that book for some reason.

Terri HarpLady

I would like to try this tea, however! :)

CrowKettle

I would love to get a hold of more of this tea, myself. :)

There are so many Anita Blake books! Lots of respect for reading all of those. I’m usually good about committing to series, so long as they’re already finished, or have an end in sight, when I start them. I read all the Sookie Stackhouse books out at the time, five years ago, and still haven’t pick up the last few.

OMGsrsly

I got the first half of the first book when it originally came out – the library had them as free “samples”. It was the size of a single book, so I was skeptical. My dad and brother immediately got sucked in, and have been trading the series back and forth for YEARS so they can re-read when new books come out, etc. I think I’ve done a good job resisting. :)

Terri HarpLady

Regarding Anita Blake, I originally started reading those because they take place in St. Louis, & some of them are amazingly good, but the last 3 or so were lousy, IMO. The kinky ness was ridiculously over the top, & there was basically no plot. The last one read like a NaNoWriMo project that had never been edited. I haven’t read the most recent one.

Agreed on Anita Blake…they went downhill :(

Terri – can you make a list of things I need to send you? Because we’ve done such big swaps ill forget what to toss in the box for you.

Terri HarpLady

Lol, Sil, I think it’s mainly just our recent teavivre order. I have verdant samples for you, but if there’s anything else you want, just let me know.

No silly I meant teas that you want to try that I still need to send you….like this one and my mousse….

Crow….i haven’t had this one in a while….if I decide I really don’t love it, I’ll see if we can swap some. I’ve got a fairly decent size of it

Terri HarpLady

OK…this one & the mousse :)

CrowKettle

Ok, Sil! The 77-some teas left in my cupboard are getting to the lower end of things (except for the matcha?), but if you want to swap let me know. :)

Comments

glad you’re enjoying it :)

CrowKettle

Thanks again, Sil. This one took me by surprise. :)

Terri HarpLady

I would like to try this tea, however! :)

CrowKettle

I would love to get a hold of more of this tea, myself. :)

Agreed on Anita Blake…they went downhill :(

Terri HarpLady

OK…this one & the mousse :)

CrowKettle

A good Silver Needle is my desert island tea.

Ratings: