This is another sample buried deep in the cupboard, from winter 2012. Time to drink eight grams!

Mother thinks this is awful and tastes like watered down chocolate.. I don’t think the chalky chocolate is that bad. It’s boring but drinkable, and seems to take a lot of steeping abuse without getting bitter.

I wish it had more of a spicy kick to it, like the mildly terrifying, leathery hot Zhu Rong Yunnan from Verdant (maybe I’ve blown that one out of proportion). I don’t mind coasting on the weak chocolate and peppercorns, however. It’s more of a diluted creamy comfort thing, especially with milk, than a burn-flesh-for-fuel kind of beverage. Maybe some habeneros would be nice. Those are good peppers. I’d even settle for cayenne peppers.

Cavocorax

It’s really not spicy enough eh? I bought a bag for $2.50 and that’s it’s only saving grace: it was cheap. But with 7 oz of Read My Lips to deal with, I almost can’t be bothered with this one anymore…

CrowKettle

Yeah, as far as David’s chocolate teas go, I don’t feel this one stands out. I’d rather up my 100g of Read My Lips too, which has the same peppercorns, and mixes better with Baileys.