This would be a good substitute for a glass of orange juice in the morning. Maybe I oversteeped it a tad, as the lemongrass is potent today! So is the ginger. Very nice citrus overtones. The finish is sour and bittersweet. The only thing I’m unsure about is the earthy mate undertone. I have off and on days with that flavour.

I still really enjoyed this cup. Thanks, Bluebird Tea Co., for the sample! Love the new little tea bags too.

Ratings:

95-100: A Personal Favourite; I’m never without this tea.

90-94: Great! I’ll try to keep a small amount around.

80-89: Enjoyable; I may buy more at some point.

50-69: Something about this tea falls flat for me. Still drinkable.

30-49: This isn’t a particularly pleasant cup.

1-29: There’s no way to put it nicely..

BC, Canada