drank Currant Affair by DAVIDsTEA

Backlog: OMGsrsly introduced me to the awesomeness of blackcurrants last spring. Those things smell. So. Good.

The aroma of this rooibos blend is up to par, but the flavour isn’t quite as sweet and I can detect some of the base. Adding some agave syrup helped bring out the fruitiness a tad more, however. Not bad!

I wasn’t planning on picking this up yesterday; all I wanted was 30g more of Mother’s Little Helper. (Un)fortunately, My friend who works there sneakily suggested this. Having no willpower to speak of, this led to 10g more of tea than originally planned.

Also, on an almost completely unrelated note, I had a Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake qoola (frozen yogurt) yesterday, and it was so amazing that I felt the need to share the experience here. Currently missing a certain 52teas blend.

OMGsrsly

Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake Qoola?! I’ll have to see if the metrotown store has that flavour! Sounds rad. :)

I also need more blackcurrant tea. I’ll have to see if Steam is still carrying it, or if I have to get the DavidsTea version.

Anna

Blackcurrants are the best. I love how your hands smell like blackcurrant all day after you pick some, no matter how many time you wash your hands.

Cavocorax

I want some of that Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake from Qoola. I want it SO BAD. :O There’s one that just opened up at York Univeristy – they knew I was coming maybe?

And this tea sounds really interesting. I don’t know if I’ve had currants but I’d love to sample this. Will pick some up next time I can!

CrowKettle

Yes, I’m crazy for the smell!:) In hindsight, I’ve decided I really liked Steam’s blackcurrant tea, OMGsrsly. I hope it’s still in stock because I like it more than this (difference between black tea base and rooibos).

The Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake comes from mixing the Pumpkin and Cheesecake frozen yogurt options, then adding caramel syrup (maybe some nuts or chocolate syrup too?), but I found it was worth the “effort”. :P

OMGsrsly

Looks like they do! I SO need to get down there and buy some tea. :) That’s a good tip for Qoola as well. I think I’ll head there for ‘dinner’ before medieval & renaissance dancing tonight. :)

Comments

OMGsrsly

Anna

Cavocorax

CrowKettle

OMGsrsly

A good Silver Needle is my desert island tea.

Ratings: