drank Winter Fire by Butiki Teas

Never for a moment did I think this would live up to the heat of its listed ingredients, even with the little “spicy” warning on the label. There have been too many disappointing run ins with “chili” teas that have all the spice of well boiled bell peppers stuffed with white bread.

Then there’s this, which is just like taking a shot of cayenne sauce and cinnamon. Um, wow! I think my roommate was even taken aback for a moment (the joys of shoving “mystery cups” in front of people and making them drink). She usually has a higher spice tolerance, with all her Indonesian cuisine, so the slight reaction was impressive!

It’s almost like that first sip of Fireball that burns.. Once you get accustomed to it the drink starts to taste sweet, although this is nowhere near as cloyingly sweet as Fireball.

Thanks for this fun sample, Stacy! It arrived just in time to help me stay awake for this paper.

JustJames

lol….. excellent review! you had me chuckling away…..

Stephanie

I’ve been wanting to try that one! I like spicy stuff :)

Butiki Teas

I like to double the amount to a tablespoon to make it extra hot. This one is works wonders for me when my sinuses are stuffed.

CrowKettle

Glad you were amused, James. :)

Yes! I thought how perfect this would be during a bad sinus infection. I’m also tempted to pick up more just so I can mix it into things that should be spicier. I really appreciate that this exists.

Butiki Teas

Thanks! Our secret is the Bird’s Eye chilies ground up with seeds and the cayenne. There are 2 things that I do that help out with the sinuses with this tea. I keep a small jar full of the dry leaves and just inhale until I start sneezing like crazy. Sounds weird but it helps. Also, I make the tea extra strong and put my face over it and inhale then take a sip then inhale and I keep switching it up. I also think the caffeine helps too. It’s not a popular blend but we will always make it so that I can keep it around my house. That’s an interesting idea to use it to spice other things up

Tea Sipper

Yes, this is my go-to tea for sinus problems. :D

Comments

JustJames

lol….. excellent review! you had me chuckling away…..

Stephanie

I’ve been wanting to try that one! I like spicy stuff :)

CrowKettle

Glad you were amused, James. :)

Tea Sipper

Yes, this is my go-to tea for sinus problems. :D

A good Silver Needle is my desert island tea.

Ratings: