This has a sweetness, like cinnamon, gooey sugar, and ripe canteloupe, that sticks to the back of the throat after taking a big gulp. It’s such a vivid and shocking note after gliding along the grassy, cedar aroma.

Edit: The cantaloupe sweetness receded in the third steep, becoming more like apple juice, while the cedar note took it up a notch. Something reminds me of juniper berries.

I guess it was the right decision to dump the whole sample bag in my tiny glass gongfu. I did two rinses, and hope to get as many short steeps out of this one as I can tonight while I study for my last final. Almost done!

Boiling
Terri HarpLady

It’s been awhile since I drank this, although I do have some. :)

OMGsrsly

You can do it! One more final and then FREEDOM. :)

CrowKettle

Yes, I can’t wait! I just have some tea parcels to mail out and this exam to right and then my obligations are over for a little while! :)

Amariel

I had some of this…it was definitely interesting. I’m saving the rest of mine for some cold steeping at some point. Right now I’m mostly into hot and warm drinks rather than cold ones.

CrowKettle

Yeah, I can’t do cold steeps right now either, which is why opted to use it all up in a hot brew. I’ll have to pick a little more of this in the spring though, because I’ve heard good things.

Amariel

I don’t have a lot left, so I’m gonna hold onto it until then, and then reorder if I want more, but I have enough teas to drink right now hot…for sure.

Comments

Terri HarpLady

It’s been awhile since I drank this, although I do have some. :)

OMGsrsly

You can do it! One more final and then FREEDOM. :)

Ratings:

95-100: A Personal Favourite; I’m never without this tea.

90-94: Great! I’ll try to keep a small amount around.

80-89: Enjoyable; I may buy more at some point.

50-69: Something about this tea falls flat for me. Still drinkable.

30-49: This isn’t a particularly pleasant cup.

1-29: There’s no way to put it nicely..

BC, Canada