3/12 teas of Christmas, 2013.

This one is a hodgepodge of nostalgic flavours- primarily coconut and banana. Something about these two ripe ingredients gets to me, and conjures up images of rainbows, warm rain, and tropical islands. This blend also reminds me of the coconut cream pie blend, which I drank in copious amounts last spring, but with the additional sticky banana chip note.

This cup is sweet and creamy, with a bit of an astringent nip for grounding. Definitely something I can get on board with.

Edit: I accidentally oversteeped my second serving of this tonight by about 6 minutes. I added some milk in an attempt to cover up any bitterness and WOW it’s so creamy and banana..ful.

A good Silver Needle is my desert island tea.

Ratings: