drank White Rhino by Butiki Teas

This one’s quite neat! the first steep bore similarities to a greener Darjeeling’s second steep. There’s a smoothing out of sour, muscatel notes and a subduing of hay and malt, except this tea was never bold in these characteristics, like a Darjeeling, to begin with. It’s a trippy experience. The finish was also deliciously sweet, which made it an easy cup to gulp down.

While the second steep is still somewhat malty, it’s starting to taste more like a silky floral white tea, with a bit of citrus. It’s a very pleasing and smooth tea, with lots of fun layers.

A good Silver Needle is my desert island tea.

Ratings: