drank Butter Rum by 52teas

8/12 teas of Christmas, 2013 (I’m not ready!!)

So far, this box has contained quite a few flavoured black teas. Many of them I’ve enjoyed quite a lot, but eventually the common base starts to numb these sweet teas out for me. Root Beer, Buttered Rum, Buttered Beer.. (OK, that last one isn’t in here but I have some in my stash). Anyways, I’ll admit to tiring of drinking them all concurrently.

My own personal grievances aside, this does smell a lot like spiced rum, with a very convincing candied butterscotch take on the flavour. It IS enjoyable, and I was also curious about this blend too when it came out. :)

Ratings:

95-100: A Personal Favourite; I’m never without this tea.

90-94: Great! I’ll try to keep a small amount around.

80-89: Enjoyable; I may buy more at some point.

50-69: Something about this tea falls flat for me. Still drinkable.

30-49: This isn’t a particularly pleasant cup.

1-29: There’s no way to put it nicely..

BC, Canada