I made some pretty stupid choices and said some dumb things this weekend, but drinking this wasn’t part of that, thankfully. I used 2 servings worth for a banana smoothie, and another serving as a cold almond milk mix. The rest I rubbed over some white chocolate covered pretzels.

I’ve never actually had amaretto before, although I’ve had a few amaretto flavoured things. I gather that it’s cherry-like. It’s not an everyday flavour, but I’d consider picking some up. Thanks, Sil! Here’s looking to a fresh week filled with new tea (and school assignments).

Anna

As long as you restrict your stupid to the weekend, I’d say you’re doing really well. ;P

As for the amaretto, it’s true that amaretto and cherry is a classic combo, but the amaretto itself is pure almond goodness. Just very very almond.

Fjellrev

How did the midterm go?

CrowKettle

If there’s any almond in it I didn’t notice, except in a marzipan kind of way? I really need to try actual amaretto one of these days :P

I think it could’ve been a little better, with less strangely worded T/F, but I’m not too worried about it anymore. Thanks for asking! :)

Anna

Well, amaretto tastes of bitter almonds, and marzipan consists of almonds and sugar, so that sounds about right.

OMGsrsly

Amaretto (at least, what we usually get here) is made out of apricot pits. :) The more you know! Google tells me that there’s sometimes cherry in it too. Hmm. Cherries soaked in amaretto might need to be a Thing this summer.

Anna

Yeah, that’s what amaretto is. =) Inside stone fruits like apricot or plum, for example, there is a pit, and inside that, if you bother to crack it open, is a small, lovely, fresh almond that is sometimes used for cooking. Or, you know, to flavour amaretto. There is no cherry in classic, basic amaretto, aside from the possible addition of random fruit pulp for added sweetness during production, and it absolutely shouldn’t taste like cherry (or you got yourself a not so stellar kind) but there are a few weird variations, so who knows what you could find if you went looking… (Maybe there is a tea amaretto!!!)

CrowKettle

Thanks for all the information on amaretto, Anna! You’ve made amaretto tasting and experimenting with roommates a priority this month.

Looking through the other tasting notes, maybe there is an almond note to this matcha. I know I’m bad at picking up the nut notes in Red Leaf (I didn’t taste peanut in the peanut butter matcha), and tea/food in general. If any of you love amaretto this is worth a try, regardless of what I think taste! :)

OMGsrsly

I’m excited about this one, actually. When I get my Sil samples, I might try this one first. :)

Comments

Anna

Fjellrev

How did the midterm go?

Ratings:

95-100: A Personal Favourite; I’m never without this tea.

90-94: Great! I’ll try to keep a small amount around.

80-89: Enjoyable; I may buy more at some point.

50-69: Something about this tea falls flat for me. Still drinkable.

30-49: This isn’t a particularly pleasant cup.

1-29: There’s no way to put it nicely..

BC, Canada