1 1/2 scoops of this distinctive flavoured matcha, almond milk, half a banana, and chia seeds. I know there’s some maple syrup just below the surface of perception. Sometimes it even emerges from those murky depths, but like an iceberg I know I’m not experiencing the majestic fullness of maple syrup.

I think this is one of the very few matcha flavourings I’d contemplate going with Robust. I’m not keen when Maple dominates thin wispy things like rooibos blends but this is a smoothie! All the other flavours are confident enough in themselves to handle maple. It should let itself go more instead of settling for the vague aftertaste I’m getting. Be bold maple, or hand me the cookies.

In contrast, I actually taste green matcha in my flavoured smoothie, which is an amazingly rare occurrence.

Thanks, Sil! I enjoyed this one.

Courtney

The notes on this one really have me on the fence about it. I’ve been tempted because I love maple, but I want true maple flavour, that is actually there haha.

it doesn’t taste like maple to me courtney… but if you DO get it…go for robust. even distrinctive wasn’t enough flavouring for me

Courtney

Thanks for the heads up. :)

Comments

Courtney

Courtney

Thanks for the heads up. :)

Tea Preferences: My absolute favourites are the floral inclined oolong and white teas. I also enjoy unflavoured green teas, as well as some black teas (flavoured, unflavoured, Indian, Chinese, etc). Puerh is a hit or miss.

Fruit, cedar, anise, and vanilla are good. Black licorice, bergamot, and cheap chocolate are less good. Jasmine, cinnamon, and hibiscus are usually too strong in teas for my taste, but I otherwise like these flavours!

Ratings:

95-100: A Personal Favourite; I’m never without this tea.

90-94: Great! I’ll try to keep a small amount around.

80-89: Enjoyable; I may buy more at some point.

50-69: Something about this tea falls flat for me. Still drinkable.

30-49: This isn’t a particularly pleasant cup.

1-29: There’s no way to put it nicely..

BC, Canada