I went to open this sample packet, and I must have popped it… all the oolong ended up on the, luckily, clean floor. This takes “hand picked” to a new level.

I did a rinse, until it started to unfurl a little, and then steeped it in 180F for 2 minutes and 30 seconds.

From the smell of the dry leaf and liquor, I can already tell that this 2013 spring harvest is (or was) sweeter than the autumn batch, which I finished off last week. That sweet aroma is like bubblegum or cotton candy.

Has anyone here had dandelion burdock soda, or elderflower? This tea has that kind of sweet floral vibe. Along with the sparkling floral quality, it has a mellow sweet component, like cotton candy, gum, or marshmallow textures. There’s a little salted butter in the aftertaste too.

Soon I’m going to start describing Ferris wheels and merry-go-rounds, so I will end here. This tieguanyin’s first steep is a kind of crazy.. or maybe I’m just crazily projecting my carnival fantasies onto this hot mug of tea, on this miserable rainy day. This tieguanyin has made me doubt my perception of reality.

Flavors: Banana, Butter, Cotton Candy, Dandelion, Floral, Marshmallow

180 °F / 82 °C 2 min, 30 sec 1 tsp
boychik

Hand picked;-)

gmathis

Yay for clean floors! If I’d tried that, I’d be listing “essence of black cat and lint ball” in the flavor profile.

Comments

boychik

Hand picked;-)

gmathis

Ratings:

95-100: A Personal Favourite; I’m never without this tea.

90-94: Great! I’ll try to keep a small amount around.

80-89: Enjoyable; I may buy more at some point.

50-69: Something about this tea falls flat for me. Still drinkable.

30-49: This isn’t a particularly pleasant cup.

1-29: There’s no way to put it nicely..

BC, Canada