drank Puerh Tuo Cha by Butiki Teas

I requested this as a sample a long time back, but have continuously put off drinking it. Today felt like a good time to commit to a hardy puerh, as I’m stuck with a stomach ache, and watching such titles as Melancholia and Soylent Green. It’s kind of a depressing compilation for a day’s activities, except for the part where I get to watch movies for homework!

Anyways, I’m really glad this tea turned out to be so tasty and easy to drink! I was worried about the 7 minute steep, but this tea never went to that place of decaying fish-wood. the latter part of the first steep started to acquire a peppery note, but mostly it was mellow, smooth, and maybe a tad creamy. Fingers crossed that the second steep is just as good!

Flavors: Black Pepper, Cream, Earth, Mushrooms

Boiling 8 min or more 24 OZ / 709 ML
TheTeaFairy

Melancholia left me speechless and haunted me several days after I saw it…the artistic direction was so beautiful, but it’s so sad…great homework! Soylent green is people!!! lol, couldn’t help it…

I love this mini tuocha, so “fresh” for a shou pu’erh.

Comments

TheTeaFairy

I love this mini tuocha, so “fresh” for a shou pu’erh.

Ratings:

95-100: A Personal Favourite; I’m never without this tea.

90-94: Great! I’ll try to keep a small amount around.

80-89: Enjoyable; I may buy more at some point.

50-69: Something about this tea falls flat for me. Still drinkable.

30-49: This isn’t a particularly pleasant cup.

1-29: There’s no way to put it nicely..

BC, Canada