drank Warm Maple Cream by 52teas

I swear I wrote a tea note for this guy ages ago. Eh.

I don’t love this as much as some but I did enjoy it while it lasted. Hojicha and I are just not very close, although it’s alright on occassion. It has a decent second steep too, which is a boon in a flavoured tea.

This was also a good self-reminder that I’m still looking for my ideal Maple tea to replace my old flame, Butiki’s Maple Pecan Oolong. I miss that tea so much; it replaced ice cream for me, folks! I think I just need a base that’s a little darker (coughNiligriFrostOolongcough)

Flavors: Cardamon, Cinnamon, Maple Syrup, Nutmeg, Spices, Toasted, Vanilla

Evol Ving Ness

Hmm, I know what you mean about Hojicha. I too have found it a hit and miss base for me. There was a 52teas blend not too long about that rocked my world though, so I haven’t given up on it completely.

Arby

You could give Murchie’s maple chai or Canadian breakfast a try. If you don’t have a Murchie’s near you, I can send some your way. :)

CrowKettle

Hmm, Canadian Breakfast is alright but it’s been a while since I’ve visited Murchies; We have a few locations around here but my favourite location is still downtown Vic. Also miss Jaga Silk and Silk Road (Vic trip may be in order for late spring).

CrowKettle

@Evol Ving Ness, I’m not going to give up on Hojicha just yet. I liked this one more than I usual so there’s hope. I also have “cardamon fatigue” so I shouldn’t blame Hojicha completely here XD

Lexie Aleah

maybe try adding pecans to a similar blend.

Arby

The downtown Vic one has a great bakery too. If you come to the city, consider going to Special Teas Inc on Yates street. They have a great milk oolong and they blend all of their own teas.

Please keep things friendly and .

Comments

Evol Ving Ness

Lexie Aleah

maybe try adding pecans to a similar blend.

Arby

Please keep things friendly and .

Favourite Flavours/Ingredients:

-Vanilla, Maple, Caramel, Cream, Toffee, Nougat, Marzipan
-All Citrus: Lime, Grapefruit, Lemon, Bergamot, Orange, Yuzu
-Anise, but not licorice
-Ginger or Clove-forward chai
-Rosemary
-Grass/Marine/Vegetal/Nutty Green teas
-Florals: Rose, Lavender, Jasmine…
-Musky and/or Woody Incense-like stuff: Sandalwood, Frankincense, Eucalyptus
-Berries: Blackberry, Raspberry, Currants, Blueberry, Elderberry
-Bananas, and most fruits actually.

Less Preferred Flavours/Ingredients:

-Stevia and most sweetners
-Cinnamon-forward chai/blends
-Apple & Cranberries
-Mango pieces (love mango outside of tea though)
-Coconut pieces (as a sub/filler ingredient)
-Metallic or overly artificial teas
-Cocoa Nibs, 95% of the time.

Subjective Rating System 3.0:

90-100: My absolute favourite tea. I’ll impulsively buy in large quantities and hoard like a dragon.

85-89: A favourite tea. I’ll try to keep this one around when it’s practical.

76-84: A good tea, but not one I’m likely to order again.

70-75: Alright, but I may have a few problems with quality, consistency, ingredient chemistry and/or personal preferences.

50-69: Average to mediocre cup.

11-49: Varying levels of undrinkable tea. I don’t give a lot of these ratings out, since I tend to grab tea I know will appeal to me.

1-10: Nightmare tea from the chaos realms. This tea is the embodiment of the primordial swamp, the unholy abomination that is a chimera. It’s very gross and I’m almost positive it doesn’t exist.

BC, Canada