September 2021 Tea possibly.. for it is long gone from the webz.

(Pretty sure this is the last month of my sub too – for now. Need to drink down my teas over the course of the fall and winter before renewing.)

We are getting the usual seasonal rain today (we’ve evolved into our final form – RAINCOUVER, lol). With some pretty strong gusts blowing through my region today (up to 80km/h or 50m/h on the strait tonight, wohoo!), it seems like the kind of day to pull out the something, something chai.

First a shout out to the aroma of the dry leaf, which smells like spiced pumpkin cheesecake. Second to the finish, which delivers on the cheesecake flavour. Some mad chemistry with (I think) the lemongrass, makes this creamy, tangy, and bright. I was going to add milk but couldn’t bring myself to do it after tasting the glorious cheesecake finish.

Do I taste the pumpkin here? A little, but the spices (clove, ginger, and woody cinnamon which I’m alright with here) are first and foremost. I wish they were taken down a notch for cheesecake primacy but then this wouldn’t really be a chai, eh? It’s very warming, cozy, and perfect for a day like today.

Flavors: Allspice, Cheesecake, Cinnamon, Cloves, Creamy, Ginger, Lemongrass, Pumpkin, Spices, Tangy

gmathis

Good pairing for the wild weather! Our big chill is due in tomorrow morning, just in time to haul myself out of bed for work!

CrowKettle

Ah, typical! I love it when the wild weather chooses to take the early commute to work with us. I wish you the best for tomorrow D:

52Teas

yes, this is the tea of the week from September 13. :)

Comments

gmathis

CrowKettle

52Teas

yes, this is the tea of the week from September 13. :)

My favourites are teas like Milk Oolong, Silver Needle,and Japanese Sencha/Gyokuro, but I generally enjoy ALL the tea, including flavoured blends and a good ol’ cup of Earl Grey.

Subjective Rating System 4.0:
I don’t give a lot of low ratings out, since I tend to grab tea I know will appeal to me.

90-100: Exceptional and all-time favourite teas. I struggle between hoarding these like a dragon and consuming them like a poorly adjusted black hole.

80-89: Favourite teas (usually flavoured) that I try to keep around when possible.

70-79: Good teas that I’ll happily drink up, but with minor issues.

60-69: Ok teas, but I may have a few problems with quality, consistency, ingredient chemistry, and/or personal preferences.

50-59: Average to mediocre cup. Personal preference issues are apparent but still drinkable.

11-49: Varying levels of undrinkable tea.

1-10: Nightmare tea from the chaos realms. This tea is the embodiment of the primordial swamp, an unholy abomination. It’s very gross and I’m almost positive it doesn’t exist.

FAVOURITE INGREDIENTS/NOTES:

DESSERT FLAVOURS
Vanilla, Maple, Caramel, Butterscotch, Cream, Toffee, Nougat, Marzipan, Butter

FRUIT & BERRIES
Blackberry, Raspberry, Currants, Blueberry, Elderberry, Banana, Melon, Pineapple, Persimmon, Rhubarb, Passionfruit

CITRUS
Lime, Grapefruit, Lemon, Bergamot, Yuzu (orange is a hit or miss)

SPICES
Anise (but not licorice), Ginger, Clove-forward chai

AROMATIC & HERBACEOUS NOTES
Musky, “Fresh,” and/or Woody Incense-like stuff: Sandalwood, Frankincense, Juniper Eucalyptus, Mints

FLORALS
Lavender, Jasmine, Rose, Lilac, Violet, etc. ALL the flowers!

VEGGIE/GRAIN NOTES
Spinach, Grass, Hay, Cucumber, Rice, Sweet Potato

Less Preferred Flavours/Ingredients:

- Stevia and most sweeteners
- Cinnamon-forward blends
- Prunes
- Dark Roasts (oolong)
- Orange (if it’s a creamsicle)
- Mango pieces (love mango outside of tea though)
- Cocoa Nibs, 95% of the time.

BC, Canada