This one really exceeded my expectations. Based solely on the description and picture alone, I was thinking it would be nice but kinda average (for its type). But it has a refreshing liquor, slightly fruity flavour, and the nice malty and earthy notes I expect.

And another thing, I don’t think the picture does this tea justice. Looking inside the bag, these leaves are big, beautiful and colourful. I know the appearance of leaves isn’t related to flavour, but it was a delight just to look at the dry leaves.

Overall I can’t say this is one of my (all time) favourite black teas, but it certainly has a wonderful charm. I’m looking forward to getting to the bottom of my 100g purchase. From the teas I’ve tried so far (and yet to review) from YS, they do a good job of providing a lot of black teas with different characteristics.

100ml purion teapot, 3 tsp (it’s hard to scoop the leaves out, so 3 is probably right for me), 6 short steeps

190 °F / 87 °C