drank David's Darjeeling by DAVIDsTEA

The dry leaves smell pleasant, and a bit enchanting. I’m inexperienced with Darjeeling teas so I can’t comment on quality. Looking inside the bag, the tea is a variety of colors: dark gray, dark red/brown, and yellow/silver.

I’ve heard that this variety of tea is very astringent and it didn’t disappoint. Not something I’d want to end my day on, but enjoyable on this morning. I steeped this twice, first at 4 minutes and then 6 minutes. The second cup was still flavorful and had a crispness to it.

YellowBoxFish

If you have any of this left, i highly recommend you try less than boiling ~80deg Celsius, and shorter steep (3 minutes top). As in Darjeeling region, water boils at lower temperature. It gives you a beauuutiful grapey sweet taste, truly mindblowing in my opinion.

Dorothy

Oooh, thanks for the advice. I’ll have to try that when I get more Darjeeling tea. :)

Comments

YellowBoxFish

Dorothy

Feel free to add me on Steepster, I’ll probably add you back. :)

What my tea ratings mean:

80-89: Excellent, a treasured experience but not a favourite.

70-79: Good but could be better. Above average.

50-0: Varying degrees of sadness