Bought this in my last order with some other black teas. Lately I’ve been trying black teas from different regions, this one is from Guangdong, China. A little pricy, but I am willing to spend extra money to try something new once. :)

The tea leaves smell sweet and slightly earthy and malty.

Drinking the tea, it starts out slightly sweet and tangy, quickly fades to a earthy and malty flavour. The tea liquor is dark enough, but it’s a light tea, not “heavy”. About the sweetness, it’s mild like an apple or a pear, not sugary-sweet.

Second steep seems much tangier, kinda like if someone squeezed a bit of lemon or lime in your tea.
Third steep was weak, maybe I’ll try more tea leaves next time. Alternatively, maybe I will do a lot of quick steeps in the gaiwan.

I’m not sure what I was expecting from this tea, but this wasn’t it. I’m happy with the flavour but this was an unexpected drinking experience. It’s certainly given me a lot of flavours to contemplate. Looking forward to getting to the bottom of the bag and figuring out how I really feel about this one.