drank Ying De Hong Cha by jing tea shop

Looking inside the tea pouch, there are long black leaves with bits of golden colour. They’re a bit of a pain to measure out, and due to their length I decided to use the gaiwan. I intend to steep the heck out of it anyway, so it’s a good tea vessel. ;)

Sniffing the wet leaves and the tea liquor, I’m sensing an intoxicating aroma, rich body, notes of raisin, honey.

Onto drinking the stuff, I love how thick and rich the body tastes. Then noticing a “fuzzy”, earthy nature, with notes of chocolate-malt, spices, and a hint of something zesty. It’s a very smooth experience from first sip to moments after the cup is empty. All the flavours work together in harmony.

edit: Stopped at 6 steeps