Backlogging

Repurchased this because my hubby’s sinuses bother him during the colder months. The combination of peppermint, ginger and black pepper does the trick for him. Plus I believe the hojicha is a bit lower in caffeine, so since he works late it’s okay to make a pot of this when he comes home.

Personally, it has definitely grown on me. Not a favourite, but I like the spice combination. Some of the other teas you can get for the sniffles have ingredients I don’t like. Such as Gail’s Cold Remedy, which has lemon grass (gross!).

So overall I like this tea, but if I drink it too often it can rub me the wrong way. I increased the rating from last time, because it’s a cold season staple in our home.

aisling of tea

My wife adores this tea for when she gets her migraines. Occasionally, I’ll reach for a cup, but not often.

De

I do drink it a lot for migraines, but I agree that it can rub the wrong way. I can usually only do one cup at a time. I think it’s the licorice in it, it just gets stuck in the back of my throat. Which is too bad.

Dorothy

Yeah the combination of spices and licorice is pretty potent. The first time I sniffed the DAVIDs canister I wanted to sneeze. I guess it is like putting too much of one spice in a dish; a little bit is nice but a lot is revolting.

Comments

aisling of tea

De

Dorothy

Feel free to add me on Steepster, I’ll probably add you back. :)

I don’t log tea every time I drink it. Tasting notes tend to be about either one style of brewing or a new experience. It is helpful for me to look back on my notes and see what a tea tasted like or which steeping parameter worked best for me. I try to mostly short steep tea unless it only tastes better with a long steep. I’d rather experience what a tea tastes like over 3 or 12 steeps than just 1 to 3 long steeps.

How I rate tea:

85-89: Wonderful, couldn’t expect more but not a favourite.

80-84: Excellent, a treasured experience but not a favourite.

70-79: Good but could be better. Above average.

50-0: Varying degrees of sadness