Tea sample provided by Teavivre for review

I’m not very experienced with Dragon Well teas, so along with this premium one I asked Angel for the regular version. Tonight I will be preparing both side by side, in my tasting sets. See the regular Dragon Well tea for the companion review.

Smelling the dry leaves, I’m picking up on cocoa, mild veg, “fresh”, moss, something sweet. My husband said it smells like KFC (weird!)

Then I smelled the lid of the tasting set after the tea was brewed. Here I picked up on the familiar notes, plus my husband remarked that he thought it smelled like candy.

Onto drinking the liquor, I tasted cocoa, floral notes, strong buttery flavour, fresh greens (asparagus). My husband said it reminded him of buttery tarts.

That’s it for today’s tasting session. In comparison I can see why this is the premium stuff. Next time I will be preparing this gongfu style in a gaiwan.

120ml tasting cup, 2 tsp, no rinse, 1 steep