drank Mie Sencha FF -12 by Takeo Tea

Ah, some sencha to calm me down and relax after an hectic week.
6g / 180ml banki-yaki kyushu
1m 60C / 5s 60c / 5s 65c / 5s 65c / 5s 70c

Smooth and sweet. The 5th in particular was very sweet, a tone of vanilla! :)
This sencha is indeed top notch.

Terri HarpLady

Thanks to Dag Wedin for sharing this one :)
I followed Dag’s parameters:
6g / 180ml
1m 60C / 5s 60c / 5s 65c / 5s 65c / 5s 70c
The first steeping was a little intense, due to user error. I tried to steep it in my test tube, but the particles are pretty fine & it wouldn’t strain. So the resulting cup of tea was over steeped & terribly bitter. :p

For subsequent steepings I transferred the leaf to a Finnum & cup, which worked much better. Very green, tart & tangy with an anise undertone & an intense tongue tingle. The 4th steep had a granny smith apple quality to it, 3 – 5 had a vanilla mouth, kind of creamy, but also very fresh & clean, if that makes sense.

Comments

Terri HarpLady

Thanks to Dag Wedin for sharing this one :)
I followed Dag’s parameters:
6g / 180ml
1m 60C / 5s 60c / 5s 65c / 5s 65c / 5s 70c

33yo from gothenburg, Sweden.

Recently discovered japanese black tea and are exploring as many as i can get my dirty teacraving pawn on :)

Ratings:

95+: Permanent residents of my cupboard, restock before they run out so i never have to go without!

90-94: Like the girlfriend that make sure to leave a toothbrush at your place, pretty much lives in the cupboard and i see to it i restock when im out.

80-89 : Good tea that i occasionaly restock.

70-79 : Decent tea that is enjoyable but only restock sometimes.

50-69 : Drinkable but sorry it was a one night stand, no more.

0-49 : Seriously, dont come near me ever again!

Sweden