drank Laoshan Black by Verdant Tea

Felt i just had to try this tea westernstyle.
I brewed it in the same manner i brew darjeeling SF/AF.

Side by side brewing.
6g / 400ml glazed ceramic pot.
6g / 400ml Zini yixingpot.

Single infusion
3m @ 100C

I decided to try the affinity with the Ziniclay. But to no avail, sofar the only tea suiting my tastebuds with ziniclay is ripe pu-erh. Gone was the creamy complex notes of cocoa, replaced by a slightly burnt aroma although with a nice aftertaste.

The ceramic pot performed better. Creamy cocoa. A very complex flavour. A bit on the light side. Will up the amount of leaf next try.
perhaps 6g / 200ml with a shorter steeping? 1-2m?

If anyone has some experience with suiting tea for ziniclay (purplebrown yixing) feel free to share.

Bonnie

The only thing I use in my purple/Brown clay is shu puerh and then only those that are more cedar or spicy. If you don’t stick to a flavor profile the tea will taste muddy. As far as Laoshan Black goes, western style in a glass or non-porous pot for the shorter time with enough leaf works best. I always use a deep brew basket which is a mistake many people make. If the water and leaf don’t connect properly the tea won’t taste right. (I’ve been drinking laoshan black for 2years) By the way, look under my followers list for mrmopar who is the best person on Steepster for Puerh, and roughage who lives in England and also loves puerh. Great people!

Dag Wedin

Ah i thought so. I actually gave that pot away now.
I heavily prefer to brew my shu in reductionbaked clay now. Banko-yaki works excellent, especially in combination with a tetsubin.
Im considering acquiring a mumyoi-yaki Nosaka reductionbaked hohin to use exclusively with shu. The nosaka clay is very close to yixings zhuni clay in mineral composition.

Comments

Bonnie

Dag Wedin

Ah i thought so. I actually gave that pot away now.

35yo from gothenburg, Sweden.

Tea…