This was a very unique tea! Thank you MadelineAlyce, you totally catered to my love of the tropical and for that, you are awesome!

I was expecting a stronger hit from the assam in the blend, (and in the name), but it was fairly mellow. The liquor was light gold and very fruity. I’m a lemongrass fan so I tasted that more than the assam – crazy! Oh, I should mention that I’m grateful for that. Assam can punch me in the face sometimes, and with the nature of this blend I think it’s appropriately blended!

I enjoyed it, but there’s just something about Teavana teas and their smell. Maybe I’m crazy, and I don’t know what it is, but all the ones I’ve tried have this strange.. off putting smell to them. It doesn’t taste like the smell though, so I’m down with that.

Grateful to try the sample, thanks MA!

And now… to cold brew. Surprised? haha :3

wow this post was surprisingly good natured, seeing as I had a stressful awful day applying for apartments across the Country. _

Bonnie

Are you just going to move to some random spot? Wow! My day was ick too…eye Dr.,Dentist, oh brother!

Amariel

I believe she’s moving to Halifax.

DaisyChubb

Truth ^ I am moving from Regina, SK to Halifax! We’re driving in a few weeks, just have to find an apartment :) Ohh Bonnie, noo the Dentist! I’ve been avoiding, I’m waay overdue :(

SimpliciTEA

Good luck with finding an apartment!

Thank you!! I need it x_x

Update: I cold brewed this baby, it was a little too late and it made the assam taste a bit wonky. I think a full hot brew turned into an iced tea over ice would work much much better in this case!

Bonnie

My great grandfather and forbears were from Nova Scotia….all being Camerons. One cousin being a Bishop John Cameron of Antigonish who supported College education for women. I’m sure he drank good tea! Hope you enjoy island life!!!

Kittenna

Oh my goodness, you’re driving??? What a time of year for that (given recent weather)… I drove out from Saskatoon to Guelph in late December 2010 and we were just lucky not to hit any storms or impassable roads. Good luck, both with the drive and apartment-hunting! I expect to read more tea review + relocation update posts in the next while!

Amariel

Daisy…DH and I moved to Victoria, BC from Orlando, FL in 2007. We had a 7 week road trip, no jobs, and no apartment to move to. We had a hotel room, that turned into a month stay, and then another month stay, though for us, it was partly that we were new to the area (and country) and citizenship/work (I’m the citizen) issues. If we can make it with crazy situations, so can you. Don’t sweat it, things will work out. :)

Kittenna

Heather: That sounds exhausting! I take it things worked out in the end though?

Amariel

Yes it did! The 7 weeks traveling included visiting friends and family, and exploring a lot of places. I think we drove through about 22 states before entering Canada. It was very scary coming to a new place, a new country, with no job or permanent place to stay, and many thought we were crazy. It wasn’t easy the first few years either…but we did it. And we love it here. :)

DaisyChubb

wow, if I had enough money to have a 7 week (or even 2 week) road trip, I would totally do it! As it is, we have just enough for 7ish days so that will have to do haha. Plus it’s March and everything is grey and closed. Boo!
Either way, I’m just looking forward to getting out of Saskatchewan and starting fresh. I’m not worried about the road trip, road conditions, etc at all! That worry goes to my boyfriends parents. haha!

Comments

Bonnie

Amariel

I believe she’s moving to Halifax.

SimpliciTEA

Good luck with finding an apartment!

Thank you!! I need it x_x

Kittenna

Heather: That sounds exhausting! I take it things worked out in the end though?

You can call me Daisy.

My rating system is as follows:

50-75: It was alright! It was… alright! Not horrible, but I might not re-steep.

25-50: Ew. But I will finish the cup.

1-25: Please no, I want to dump it.

The Steepster community is my safe place. Thank you to all my tea friends!

<3 Daisy