drank Birthday Cake by DAVIDsTEA

I’m pretty happy with this purchase. Although when I realized I went into DT and came out with 2 rooibos’ I kicked myself in the butt haha. (This one and Jolly Jellybean).

However, I was really not disappointed. On the contrary!

The dry smell is suuuper sweet, like funfetti cake mix YES! I frequent a recipe blog that uses funfetti all the time, so the smell of this tea makes me smile :)
It smells sweet, and looks even sweeter. More sweet.

Brewed! It’s still sweet! Man it’s delicious. Almost creamy from the ice cream bits and there is a strawberry flavour that is reminiscent of a pound cake with fresh cream and strawberries.

All in all, I hate those Safeway/Grocery Store bought cakes, but having a tea that tastes like them is 100% better!

Kittenna

I really haven’t been enthralled by DT’s latest couple sets of offerings. Three cake flavoured teas? Four citrus teas? Bleh. Glad to hear this one’s not bad – I had low hopes for it (but plan to pick up samples of everything anyway when I make it back there).

DaisyChubb

Yeah it is kind of like… all the same thing inyourface! And the cake teas are all the same but.. slightly different… so it’s really weird. But! It’s tasty at least, I’m looking forward to the other cake teas, although I doubt I’ll break the bank on them haha

Indigobloom

this one reminds me of Oh Canada, only a little more vanilla ish..
I think they’ve all been done already, there is little territory to explore!

Comments

Kittenna

DaisyChubb

Indigobloom

this one reminds me of Oh Canada, only a little more vanilla ish..
I think they’ve all been done already, there is little territory to explore!

You can call me Daisy.

My rating system is as follows:

50-75: It was alright! It was… alright! Not horrible, but I might not re-steep.

25-50: Ew. But I will finish the cup.

1-25: Please no, I want to dump it.

The Steepster community is my safe place. Thank you to all my tea friends!

<3 Daisy