drank Kanpe Tea by DAVIDsTEA

I bought a tin of this tea. Holy man. It almost makes me want to give away my Pink Flamingo and trade it in for more Kanpe. I am freaking obsessed with this tisane – although I’ll say it again, I would never ever ever drink it hot. Bleh.

But iced! mmm, it’s fruity, tart at the end of the sip, like a sour candy (I’ve sweetened with agave to cut a bit of the sourness and add the candy-like flavour), perfectly (lightly) spiced with cinnamon.
I think I need several hundred grams of this tea, strawberries, raspberries and oranges, a couple big bottles of cheap red wine – and I will have delicious tea sangria all summer long. But it’s only spring!

Oh well, I’ve started early.

DaisyChubb

I will say this, the only bad thing about this tea is it is heavy, bringing a tin of 100g to 14 bucks. :| I guess that’s what’s stopping me from buying a lot of it, so a treat it will remain!

Kittenna

Yeah, so I’m discovering about many of the “cheaper” herbals – they’re heavier and require 2 tsp – no bargain! In fact, perhaps more expensive than some of the white teas!

Tina S.

This is definitely one of my favourites, I compare it to cherry pie. Nom nom nom.

DaisyChubb

mm cherry pie, totally! It’s even “thick” feeling to remind me of that haha! Nor syrupy thick, but definitely not weak or watery. mm. I need another cup :D

This one is worth the price to me for now. We’ll see what happens when I drink it every day – it’ll be a good test! :)
Cattibrie

I really enjoy this one hot. It was a great fill in for Pink Flamingo while it was gone in the fall. Still prefer my Pink Flamingo though.

Comments

DaisyChubb

Kittenna

Tina S.

Cattibrie

You can call me Daisy.

My rating system is as follows:

50-75: It was alright! It was… alright! Not horrible, but I might not re-steep.

25-50: Ew. But I will finish the cup.

1-25: Please no, I want to dump it.

The Steepster community is my safe place. Thank you to all my tea friends!

<3 Daisy