drank Mango Matcha by Red Leaf Tea

Oh. My. Goodness.

I know this is common knowledge, but I am a mango enthusiast, just as much as a tea enthusiast. I have a very keen tongue when it comes to mango. Or something. Anyways! I love it! And I love this matcha! It totally delivers.

So I started with ½ tsp and 2 oz of water (175 degrees), whisked it up like crazy – Woah go back, let’s talk about the dry smell. When I first opened the package, I couldn’t stop sniffing. It was so rich, like a mango candy but not artificial. I found the package again and now I can’t stop sniffing it again. It smells like a mango so ripe that you know it’ll be dripping down your chin. Yes!
Okay on to the brew:
The colour is a deep, almost forest green. I took a sip and it was a bit strong for my tastes so I added another ounce-ish of water. As strong as the sweet smell of mango is, the matcha is not at all lost. In fact, it takes the forefront of the taste. I’m not a matcha connoisseur – but this is definitely the tastiest matcha I’ve had as of yet. It’s vegetal in that matcha way: full flavoured, lively and fresh. Fresh! This flavour combination is so well balanced. The mango is subdued (fyi: I stuck with the delicate flavour choice. You can really customize your order with Red Leaf Teas – the grade of matcha, flavour strength, etc), but definitely still there.

For my second cup, I added some sweetener, as mangos are quite sweet when ripe. Yep. This is perfection. The mango flavour tastes real, like a fresh mango popsicle as opposed to a mango lollipop. It’s so full bodied, I can almost feel the texture of the mango. That is cool. I added frothed milk to the last half of the cup. Mmm creamy matcha latte, my favorite way to have matcha. In the future, I would definitely use a full teaspoon and not add more water when adding milk to make a latte. I lost a bit of the flavour of both the matcha and the mango, but I know for next time to make it stronger! Either way this 30g will last me a while… until summer hits and I’m making smoothies 24/7.

I’ve already tried this matcha in 3 ways – on its own, sweetened and as a latte. I can’t wait to try it iced, as an iced latte and in smoothies!! It honestly holds its own though, and I can’t wait to try more!

If you love mangos and/or matcha as much as I do, I definitely recommend you pick this one up at: http://www.redleaftea.com/matcha-tea/mango-matcha.html

Check out how much you can customize your order anyways, I found it really cool and very unique to a tea company.

Yum!