drank Chocolate Cake by DAVIDsTEA

Gah why am I trying to review this tea now, Steepster is going soo slooow.
But it must be done! haha

The smell of this tea smells more delicious than any chocolate cake I’ve ever had. It smells like the richest, most delicious brownie. Dense, chocolatey, oh MOMMA that’s good chocolate!

Sadly it missed the mark in taste for me. Next time I will try twice as much tea as it calls for, but I wasn’t getting much flavour in this one either! I tried steeping one cup for 10 minutes, bu tit just got bitter (of course), so I sugared and milked it and it was ok :)

Maybe it’s the carob, or the stevia leaf, but there is a taste about it that reminds me of cardboard. Oh sadness! Just kind of.. watery. Darn!

Well now I’m craving a brownie batter blizzard.

Bonnie

Carob is never chocolate is it!

Indigobloom

I wasn’t much of a fan either. Sadness indeed :/

DaisyChubb

So true! I just made a huge bowl of chocolate ganache to make up for it ;)

Cattibrie

I didn’t like this one either. I didn’t like any of the cupcake teas.

Kittenna

I guess I buck the trend here? :P I feel like I should try it again to verify that I actually liked it!

DaisyChubb

If everyone liked the same tea, we wouldn’t get to try as much variety! There would only be a few tins on Davids’ Tea Wall :(

Daniella T

I suggest trying this with condensed milk. I know it’s not son healthy for you but it sure makes the cupcake tea delish!!!

DaisyChubb

Oh no worries about the healthy thing Daniella, I put condensed milk in tea all the time :D Usually when I have a half full can after I used the rest in a recipe. Half goes in my mouth with a spoon, and other other half gets to grace a tea. I will definitely try that with the rest of my bag, thanks!

Comments

Bonnie

Carob is never chocolate is it!

Indigobloom

I wasn’t much of a fan either. Sadness indeed :/

DaisyChubb

So true! I just made a huge bowl of chocolate ganache to make up for it ;)

Cattibrie

I didn’t like this one either. I didn’t like any of the cupcake teas.

Kittenna

Daniella T

You can call me Daisy.

My rating system is as follows:

50-75: It was alright! It was… alright! Not horrible, but I might not re-steep.

25-50: Ew. But I will finish the cup.

1-25: Please no, I want to dump it.

The Steepster community is my safe place. Thank you to all my tea friends!

<3 Daisy