drank Caramel Matcha by Red Leaf Tea

So, aside from this tea being sweet and perfect to drink (aka I will be bringing it to work tomorrow), I wanted to bake with it!

Well – I wanted to bake with matcha, I was working on a cinnamon bread recipe and remember the caramel! Oh perfect match! I really wish I had some cinnamon matcha to use as well, but the caramel worked just fine for my gooey pull apart cinnamon bread. Happiness! It wasn’t as GREENTEA tasting as it was in my matcha cookies – I think because I got the robust flavour.

Well either way I will be bringing this tea to work tomorrow. It was my first day today and I am completely overwhelmed. How do I be the receptionist in a building of 450 people? I have to know all of their names or they snarl at me. God forbid I transfer a call to someone you’re not supposed to transfer to (hint: there is no way to know who doesn’t like calls transferred to them! No list! You just have to know!). So yeah I’m super stressed but it took 2 months to find a job so I think I just have to suck it up.

Blah! Well, recipe for the matcha bread is on my website. Somehow I’m still finding time for it. ha! http://www.daisychubb.com/recipe-caramel-matcha-pull-apart-cinna-bread/

Will Work For Tea

You’ll do fine, it just takes time and learning the ropes. :)

Your recipe looks amazing!

DaisyChubb

Thank you! And thank you again – You’re right, it was only the first day and every job is new and crazy! I hope it gets better :)

Mercuryhime

You’ll be fine once you figure out how things work. :) Soon you’ll be managing those phones like nobody’s business. Also, I agree this matcha is great for baking! I like it better in baked goods than drinking it.

Dylan Oxford

Snarl back!

Missy

Kick them in the knee!

SimpliciTEA

Don’t forget, it make take some time to learn the ropes there; but once you do—and you know all of the precious little in’s and out’s that very few others know—I doubt they’ll be snarling at you. Why? Because, “I’VE GOT THE POWER!”

Uniquity

Wow, I thought it was hard enough covering reception and switchboard for our office of 150. What I found the most helpful when I started was the list of hints, tips and tricks from the previous receptionist – see if s/he has notes of who doesn’t take calls, who works for whom, etc. It’s harder if the person has already left the job but there’s gotta be SOMEONE who knows, even if it’s just the relief people like me! Trust me, you WILL know all the names, connections and numbers a lot more quickly than you’d expect!

CHAroma

Practice makes perfect. And if there’s no list, make your own!

DaisyChubb

Thank you so much everyone!!!
I also just got a call from LUSH, they might want me for a management position! Ah all the job offers at once – I KNEW this would happen haha!

Because my new job right now is just a temp job (aka little pay and there are rumours that they’re getting rid of the position and giving it to a commissionaire – aka one days notice when they fire me) I might go for that one.

Decisions! Finally! haha ;)

Love you all to bits!

Uniquity

I saw that DT’s Micmac Mall location needs a manager too – just a thought! : )
ps – Lush is AWESOME!

Indigobloom

omg then you can always smell amazing AND have great tea :P

Excellent!
Thank you!! Yes – the great thing is that both Lush locations have DTs near them. So. Yeah. Heaven?
I applied at DT as well, so hopefully everything will work out! At least I have a job until then, even if I’m going crazy. Yay temp jobs!

no. Yay tea friends! yes!

CHAroma

In this economy, go for the permanent job.

Comments

Will Work For Tea

You’ll do fine, it just takes time and learning the ropes. :)

Your recipe looks amazing!

Mercuryhime

Dylan Oxford

Snarl back!

Missy

Kick them in the knee!

SimpliciTEA

CHAroma

Practice makes perfect. And if there’s no list, make your own!

DaisyChubb

Thank you so much everyone!!!

Decisions! Finally! haha ;)

Love you all to bits!

Uniquity

I saw that DT’s Micmac Mall location needs a manager too – just a thought! : )
ps – Lush is AWESOME!

Indigobloom

omg then you can always smell amazing AND have great tea :P

Excellent!

no. Yay tea friends! yes!

CHAroma

In this economy, go for the permanent job.

You can call me Daisy.

My rating system is as follows:

50-75: It was alright! It was… alright! Not horrible, but I might not re-steep.

25-50: Ew. But I will finish the cup.

1-25: Please no, I want to dump it.

The Steepster community is my safe place. Thank you to all my tea friends!

<3 Daisy