I’ve been saving this sample from Butiki (thanks Stacy!) for the perfect day.

Today was the opposite of a perfect tea day. Not in a bad way! Just not ideal haha – I’ve been taking tea to work every day but it’s been a huge travel mug of various black teas. Every day for the past 2 weeks! This morning I had 4 minutes to make tea, and I know I didn’t have time to boil the water all the way to 212 AND wait for it to steep! I searched in my dwindling sample drawer and pulled this one out.

The reason it wasn’t ideal was that I wanted to sit and savour this tea, not throw it in a teasac and run! But throw it in a teasac and run I did! The water was around 170, because the bus ride is a half hour long and I didn’t want to torture the poor tea!

Well now I’m at work and the liquor is a pale gold. The smell is sweet strawberry and buttery green oolong – no mistaking it for anything else imo. The taste echoes that. Wow this is glorious – smooth and savoury, no additions needed. The quality of the oolong is so apparent with every sip – there is not even a hint of bitterness. The strawberry flavour is also expertly blended – it doesn’t overwhelm, instead the flavours mingle together like a perfect match. Instead of chocolate dipped strawberries, it’s strawberry dipped oolong.

I could drink this forever, and in fact – I will be making a Butiki order asap so I can drink it forever – as well as other flavoured oolongs and that watermelon dragonwell, hello!

Bonnie

I know! This is so good! I’m supposed to get the new pineapple oolong in the mail today to review! Hope it’s great too! My other favorite is Rose Violet Calendula Oolong.
I go through the strawberry fast though!

DaisyChubb

Ohhh I’m sure it will be! Pineapple – how summery!

CHAroma

Your tasting note really made me smile! :)

Thanks Cha! I feel the same about your strawberry lemonade tasting note :D

Butiki Teas

Unfortunately, no watermelon dragonwell but we are still working on another watermelon tea.

Watermelon anything sounds great to me! Thanks for the news :D

Kittenna

No watermelon dragonwell? My heart is broken, that sounded amazing and I’ve never had a dragonwell blend!

Butiki Teas

Krystaleyn-I so wanted to work with dragonwell too. Unfortunately, the dragonwell overpowers the watermelon unless sugar is added. It tastes great with sugar though. Otherwise it just tasted like a sweeter juicier version of dragonwell. If that still sounds good, I could always make a small batch for you. I think the watermelon will be more noticeable with a lighter tea though.

Kittenna

Oh man. That still sounds delicious, but I can’t commit to making another order for at least a little while yet :( I’m sure whatever you come up with will be fantastic though. :) Perhaps if it’s still a possibility when I do make an order…?

Butiki Teas

Krystaleyn-No commitment necessary. As long as all the ingredients are in stock, which they should be it shouldn’t be a problem to make.

Kittenna

Awww, thanks :) I hope I remember (I probably will, since I’ll be ordering some of your yet-to-be-finished other watermelon blend for sure!)

Comments

Bonnie

I go through the strawberry fast though!

DaisyChubb

Ohhh I’m sure it will be! Pineapple – how summery!

CHAroma

Your tasting note really made me smile! :)

Thanks Cha! I feel the same about your strawberry lemonade tasting note :D

Watermelon anything sounds great to me! Thanks for the news :D

You can call me Daisy.

My rating system is as follows:

50-75: It was alright! It was… alright! Not horrible, but I might not re-steep.

25-50: Ew. But I will finish the cup.

1-25: Please no, I want to dump it.

The Steepster community is my safe place. Thank you to all my tea friends!

<3 Daisy