drank Laoshan Black by Verdant Tea

I’ve been drinking more straight blacks lately, and the more I drink the more I find similar notes in them (chocolate, malty, fried potato, savoury tomato, etc!).

However, as I return to this tea this morning I am picking out notes unique to it! That is exciting to me, because it was one of the first straight black teas I tried, and I thought I could pick out the notes. Now I actually can! The dry smell was so super dark chocolaty that I actually got excited. This is a feat for me at 6:30 in the morning as I zombie shamble around getting ready for work.

Today was not a day to stand on ceremony- I just needed tea to get me through! 2 tsp in the travel mug with boiling water. Meant to steep it for 3 minutes, ended up steeping for 7! Tastes sweet and slightly malty without any additions, while giving me the push I needed to not yawn all morning (although I just yawned when I typed ‘yawn’ – happens all the time. Are you yawning now? ;) )

Today I’m getting waves of flavour starting with brisk and savoury and ending on a sweet honey note.

Happiness is a hot tea. Isn’t that how the song goes? ;)

Bonnie

I’m so glad you like this tea for your own reasons and not those of someone elses review! That’s how the tea becomes yours which I think is the best approach!

DaisyChubb

:) Thank you Bonnie! You’re so right – that’s how you create a real connection with a tea I think, and that’s what separates the jewels from the collection as well :)

Kittenna

Lol you jerk – I definitely yawned after reading that one sentence…! (it’s also 2am, but I wasn’t yawning previously… here we go again…!)

Cee Long Green

The above comment made me yawn! :P

2 things:

#1. I am a jerk :D

#2. Cee Long Green is a most excellent username! Made my day :D

Comments

Bonnie

Kittenna

Cee Long Green

The above comment made me yawn! :P

2 things:

#1. I am a jerk :D

#2. Cee Long Green is a most excellent username! Made my day :D

You can call me Daisy.

My rating system is as follows:

50-75: It was alright! It was… alright! Not horrible, but I might not re-steep.

25-50: Ew. But I will finish the cup.

1-25: Please no, I want to dump it.

The Steepster community is my safe place. Thank you to all my tea friends!

<3 Daisy