drank Malted ChocoMaté by 52teas

I have wanted to try this tea for over a year. It kept going in my basket, then going out, popping in – then being replaced by other blends. Gah! Well I wanted a fullish basket for the latest order with 52teas, since it costs a bit more now to make an order – I need to make it count!

And count it did – with the recent rave reviews of this tea I had to finally try it and it definitely meets my expectations! I get a banana note in the dry smell that reminds me of banana bread with chocolate chips. After steeping, the smell is much chocolatier (real word!) and quite intoxicating!

The taste is nice and chocolaty – reminds me a lot of Chocolate Rocket but with even more chocolate and a little more banana taste too! For the life of me I can’t find a malted chocolate shake in Canada so I’ll just say that’s the malt. (I’ve had Whoppers and other malt ball candies, so I know the flavour I’m kind of looking for!)

I’m going to scroll through the other reviews and see if anyone has tried this iced and what their methods were? I would love to try this as an iced latte with whipped cream to get that chocolate milkshake taste. Any tips friends?

mm I’m getting a honey texture and flavour near the bottom of the cup. I like it! I should say that I didn’t have any additions this time around and it’s nice and sweet all on it’s own!

Kittenna

I swear someone said they had tried it iced! I thought it sounded really strange, but now that you’re mentioning ‘milkshake’… (All I can think of is Fuddrucker’s Chocolate Malt milkshakes, or whatever they were! Where it didn’t even all fit into one glass! Yum!)

DaisyChubb

oh yeeeah Fuddruckers! Dang I miss them. I miss Ruckers too! I spent a lot of money there as a child lol – I would do it again!

tattooed_tea

This so appeals to me, except the Mate part. How does that come out in this tea?

DaisyChubb

Ah good question – I’ll be honest with you, the mate flavour is pretty prominent. It’s extremely well blended and flavoured that it doesn’t stand out, however it’s definitely an integral part of the taste!

CHAroma

I’m confused…banana??

Comments

Kittenna

tattooed_tea

CHAroma

I’m confused…banana??

You can call me Daisy.

My rating system is as follows:

50-75: It was alright! It was… alright! Not horrible, but I might not re-steep.

25-50: Ew. But I will finish the cup.

1-25: Please no, I want to dump it.

The Steepster community is my safe place. Thank you to all my tea friends!

<3 Daisy