mmm this is the perfect tea to steep and resteep on a rainy day. Also, I had an interview today! Fingers crossed, I don’t care that it’s a retail job, at this point I would rather work retail than a desk job – neither of which are related to my degree!

Ahem. To the tea!

First of all, the leaves are huuuge! The wooden tea scoop I got as a gift from Derek Chew & Peony Tea S. (THANK YOU!) is perfect for getting just the right amount of humongous, twisty, dark leaves. They are gorgeous. When the water was poured over them, the scent filled my kitchen! I steeped as directed on the package, 30 seconds at 185 F.

The first steep surprised me! The leaves had a slight bright green-ness to them, and smelled like sweet minerals. I usually go for green oolongs, but this tea gave me the same great sensation as a spring tieguanyin, surprisingly! Sweet and buttery, but with a darkness and a mineral taste and texture that reminded me that it is definitely a dancong.

Subsequent steeps become less buttery but more sweet and seductive.

Thank you so much to PTS for this tea – it has moved me!

Barb

Good luck with the job prospect!

Thank you Barb! :)

Michelle

Retail’s not so bad, as long as the crew you’re working with is good! Best of luck ♥

Helena

I hope you get it :)

DaisyChubb

So true Michelle! It’s all about the people – that goes for most jobs I’m sure… I guess it’s why I left my last one haha!

ty Helena!

Hesper June

Best of luck, rooting for ya’ :)

Charles Thomas Draper

Good luck! I recently lost my job of 25 years and I was lucky to find a new one.

Ninavampi

Good luck! :)

Daniel Scott

Oooh, I have this one too, and have yet to try it! I love buttery teas, I will have to get on that.

Comments

Barb

Good luck with the job prospect!

Thank you Barb! :)

Michelle

Helena

I hope you get it :)

ty Helena!

Hesper June

Best of luck, rooting for ya’ :)

Charles Thomas Draper

Ninavampi

Good luck! :)

Daniel Scott

You can call me Daisy.

My rating system is as follows:

50-75: It was alright! It was… alright! Not horrible, but I might not re-steep.

25-50: Ew. But I will finish the cup.

1-25: Please no, I want to dump it.

The Steepster community is my safe place. Thank you to all my tea friends!

<3 Daisy