drank Cola Matcha by Red Leaf Tea

Okay, this one did not even cross my mind to try! It just sounded a little too strange.. well.. and also because other cola flavoured teas have not treated me well. (I’m looking at you Cherry Cola!)

Hey, I’m a nice guy. I thought I would let Mike help pick one of the Matchas in my last order. He’d been loving them iced in the summer – a great alternative to coffee and a fresh way to start the day and get a kick in the butt! Haha. So I make him scroll through the huuuge list of flavours, and what does he choose? Why, Cola Matcha of course!

When I opened the bag, the smell was uncanny! It actually smelled carbonated! Reminded me a lot of Cola flavoured freezies. That brings me to another reason I was a little nervous about this flavour: I hate-loathe-dislike-and-despise flat pop. It may as well be straight up syrup. And WARM?! Ugh I’m shuddering just thinking about a glass of flat warm pop being placed in front of me. So! I knew from the get-go we would not be drinking this hot! Haha

We whisked some up, iced latte style, but instead of topping with milk I topped with some ice cold filtered water. The smell was still true to a freshly opened bottle of cola – I still expected to hear the popping noises of a carbonated beverage! First sip?… wow. It tastes like Coke. And not in the bad way! (Has anyone gotten around to mixing this one with vanilla or cherry?) Hey what am I talking about, I have some vanilla left! Vanilla coke, I am coming for you!

Anyways – yes! It is so good! And Mike’s review? “Ohhhh I liked it… but – it didn’t taste like tea, it tasted like pop! Don’t you think? Mm.. I like it!” haha simple and true. Michael is happy with his choice, but luckily, so am I! I’m not sure if I totally agree that it tastes only like pop. Personally, I can definitely taste the slight grassiness of the matcha – and of course the distinctive green colour that goes with it! There is also a slight astringency that I definitely associate with matcha and not pop.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking to kick the cola addiction. This has pure cola flavour without all the dyes and sugar. By all means, add some sugar to this matcha, but it doesn’t even come close to the amount you would get with a cup of real cola! In my opinion, it’s just, if not more, delicious. Here’s the link to this crazy matcha: http://www.redleaftea.com/matcha-tea/coca-cola-matcha.html

And now, to wait for Dr. Pepper flavour. Hey – Dr. Pep freezies exist! The matcha in just a matter of time…

TeaEqualsBliss

MATCHA THON!!!!!

Azzrian

:) Awesome!

Comments

TeaEqualsBliss

MATCHA THON!!!!!

Azzrian

:) Awesome!

You can call me Daisy.

My rating system is as follows:

50-75: It was alright! It was… alright! Not horrible, but I might not re-steep.

25-50: Ew. But I will finish the cup.

1-25: Please no, I want to dump it.

The Steepster community is my safe place. Thank you to all my tea friends!

<3 Daisy