Sometimes I think mangos are my favourite fruit. Then I remember watermelon! Sweet, juicy watermelon – oh yes! Both of these fruits can share the spotlight – but only when they are ripe, juicy and flavourful! Why did I pick some of the messiest fruits to be my favourite?

Luckily, the only thing that gets messy when I whip up a cup of this matcha is my cup and whisk! (…and my white shirt. That’s a story for another time) But hey! Virtually mess free! At least it’s not all over my face… although this matcha is delicious enough that I wouldn’t mind sticking my face into a huge bowl of it. Oh yes, can you tell that I am happy with this matcha? So happy! The flavour is sweet and true watermelon flavour! I like watermelon candies, but I hate watermelon jolly ranchers (too chemically), so I was very happy that this flavour lies between a watermelon flavouring and a real watermelon. That doesn’t really make sense, but I guess you’ll have to take my word for it lol.

Making this hot with a sprinkle of sugar takes it into treat territory! Seriously delicious matcha that has me drooling just thinking about it! Another great summer treat. Chopping up some watermelon to make a watermelon puree to go with this matcha (and a splash of vodka) is definitely on my to-do list.

I prefer my watermelon fruit straight from the fridge and icy cold, so it goes without saying that my favourite way to prepare this drink is ICED. I still haven’t gotten into the habit of just mixing matcha with cold water – so I mix it up double strong with 170 F water, add ice cubes and top with more water. This gives me a perfect result every time – no clumps (if I drink it right away!) and smooth as the rind of an in season watermelon. Oh yes, I went there.

For an extra treat, I experimented with cream and tried a “watermelon and cream” dessert tea. It was delicious! Let it be known – any fruit + cream = wonder! Too bad most flavours stick to strawberries&cream or peaches&cream, because I think I’m on to something here ;)
This also went well with vanilla soy milk and plain almond milk! I’m not picky – I always buy almond milk when it’s on sale because it’s so delish, creamy, and doesn’t affect my acid reflux! That’s the joy of these flavoured matchas – delicious flavour minus the calories! They don’t need milk and sugar to tantalize my tastebuds – even the basic matcha is smooth, grassy and even creamy! And so friends, here is the link to the watermelon matcha that haunts my dreams: http://www.redleaftea.com/matcha-tea/watermelon-matcha.html

DaisyChubb

matcha thon!!

TeaEqualsBliss

DRAT! You beat me! hahahahah
MATCHA!!!

Comments

DaisyChubb

matcha thon!!

TeaEqualsBliss

DRAT! You beat me! hahahahah
MATCHA!!!

You can call me Daisy.

My rating system is as follows:

50-75: It was alright! It was… alright! Not horrible, but I might not re-steep.

25-50: Ew. But I will finish the cup.

1-25: Please no, I want to dump it.

The Steepster community is my safe place. Thank you to all my tea friends!

<3 Daisy