I have never had a tea like this before! A huge thanks to Derek from PTS for sending this my way!

The leaves in my clear gong fu pot are gorgeous. They are bright green and they dance ! I have never tried a leaf that looks like this before – the leaves are like tiny snap peas in the shell. They seem to stand on end as they steep – I am mesmerized by them in the same way I am entertained by flowering teas.

The smell is like a creamy, fresh spring oolong, but the taste is totally different. It is very much a green tea. The tip of the tongue gets hit with an astringency that slides to the sides of the tongue and leaves a sweetness in its wake. I get some butter in the smell, but not in the taste, although the texture is smooth and almost creamy.

“feel the recurring sweetness well up and linger in your throat.” This really does happen! It’s the same quality as licorice root – so I can see this being a very soothing tea for a sore throat.

As an every day tea, this one is a bit too astringent for my liking – but it is very high quality and a nice treat when I need a break from my pu-erhs! Thank you Derek :)

Azzrian

OKay I KNOW I have some form of dyslexia now I SWEAR when I first read the name of this tea it said: Hungarian Purry Freak!

Azzrian

LOL how cute! I have four purry freaks at home! :)

DaisyChubb

Aw give them a pet for me (if they like that lol)
Can’t wait to get a house so we can have our own purry freak <3

Azzrian

They will all get a cuddle form you – puppies too if you like puppies :) Okay they are dogs but they will always be puppies to me :)

Me too! Great minds ;)
I’m working on a flash game right now called Puppy Diving – really they are just dogs, but something about the word puppy is so much cuter than just “Dog Diving” lol

Comments

Azzrian

Azzrian

LOL how cute! I have four purry freaks at home! :)

DaisyChubb

Aw give them a pet for me (if they like that lol)
Can’t wait to get a house so we can have our own purry freak <3

Me too! Great minds ;)

You can call me Daisy.

My rating system is as follows:

50-75: It was alright! It was… alright! Not horrible, but I might not re-steep.

25-50: Ew. But I will finish the cup.

1-25: Please no, I want to dump it.

The Steepster community is my safe place. Thank you to all my tea friends!

<3 Daisy