When I purchased my last set of matcha, there were a few fruit teas I wanted to try. I knew for sure I was trying Belgium Chocolate and Cheesecake – so what fruit would go with those two? Hmm.. Strawberry Cheesecake matcha? YES. Chocolate covered Strawberry matcha? Double YES! And thus, Strawberry matcha was in my cart and a legend was born! Found here: http://www.redleaftea.com/matcha-tea/strawberry-matcha.html

How dramatic! Let’s get to the good stuff: as always, I fall in love with the first sniff. Cutting open the corner of the gold foil bag was like a flavour overload! The sweet strawberry scent was too good to be true – and happily for me, it tasted just like it smelled!!!

That can be rare in a tea, but I’ve come to learn that Red Leaf Tea sets their bar just as high as I set mine! That leaves me very rarely disappointed, and almost always happily surprised with the quality, scent and flavour! Strawberry was no exception!

(Excuse the amount of exclamation marks, I really can’t help it)

I ordered by my usual parameters: Basic Grade Matcha with Delicate flavouring. One day I will invest in tins, but right now I have a system that keeps my matcha fresh – a mix of the tiny tins from DavidsTea (from their “Wall” teas), and freezer bags kept in a special tin box. It’s pretty and I like it! I kind of thrive in a world of controlled chaos – it’s either the artist in me, or the lazy in me! Probably both – but I thought I should share my “technique” since the tins are a hot topic these days!

On to the taste! I truly was taken by surprise. The flavour is simple but so effective that from this experience, I can’t think of a better combination than matcha and strawberries. That’s not to say that RLT has amazing flavour combos and super unique matchas – there is something just so simple, comforting and naturally delicious about this Strawberry Matcha. It’s tangy and sweet – I prepared it first straight up with a bit of sugar, second as an iced matcha latte. The flavour was a mix between strawberry milk (I used to devour the stuff as a kid) and a melted strawberry milkshake!

This inspires me to get some good quality vanilla ice cream and whip it up in my blender with this matcha! I looove matcha icecream and strawberry icecream, so I can’t think of a better combo for a homemade matcha shake! Hello! Need to do this before summer ends though… it’s coming to a close 

At least this matcha can be a little taste of summer all year long!

Alphakitty

Strawberry matcha shake, that sounds amazing!

Cedes

Oooh I am so excited to try matcha. This one sounds so delicious!

DaisyChubb

It really is! Some of the most “plain” flavours are proving to be my favourites!

Azzrian

I need to get some vanilla ice cream. HOWEVER I have some apple pie ice cream from our local farmers market – made right there – I could mix that with caramel matcha, or pumpkin pie matcha, or… I am going to have to get to work! Thanks for the inspiration!

Daniel Scott

Strawberry cheesecake! That’s inspired, I stupidly never thought of that when trying to come up with combos I want to try.

Still holding onto my wallet to do Amaretto Cherry.

Comments

Alphakitty

Strawberry matcha shake, that sounds amazing!

Cedes

Oooh I am so excited to try matcha. This one sounds so delicious!

DaisyChubb

Azzrian

Daniel Scott

Still holding onto my wallet to do Amaretto Cherry.

You can call me Daisy.

My rating system is as follows:

50-75: It was alright! It was… alright! Not horrible, but I might not re-steep.

25-50: Ew. But I will finish the cup.

1-25: Please no, I want to dump it.

The Steepster community is my safe place. Thank you to all my tea friends!

<3 Daisy