I have so much of this tea, I don’t even know what to do with it.

Of course, I ended up not liking it as much as I thought I would – but hey, it was an investment! haha I’ll swap it away and maybe sell some tea sampler packs on teatrade or my etsy shop and all will be well :)

The taste is a little more mushroomy that I expected – it’s quite easy to oversteep (re: bitter mess!) if you use a high temperature – so steep it at as low a temperature as you can (that’s my recommendation).

At first I tried it in my gong-fu pot but the leaves are very very small (smaller than rooibos), so from now on I only brew it with a Perfect Mug steeper – they don’t let anything through :D

I will say that it does settle my tummy, but from now on I know I’m more of a darker shu tuocha fan – I like the dark earthiness (ie: Cornfields Shu from Verdant)

Fjellrev

Yeah, I didn’t like it as much as I thought I would too. Thankfully I only got around a dozen of them haha. But mushroom, that’s interesting. It personally tastes a little too salty to me.

momo

Yeah I’m not a fan either so I’m putting them in the traveling tea boxes. I can’t even actually describe the way it tasted to me without sounding gross, haha, like I purposely taste blood but it had that metallic sort of taste to it.

Bonnie

I like them both. This one was more ricy and the other more corny. (I’m more corny too!). I made a cold sticky rice tea which was quite good and different. Sad they are all gone because I only got a sample.

The Purrfect Cup

I have the 500g bag too…it will never end! :)

Alphakitty

I almost bought a ton of this in the closing sale—the mushroom aspect makes me kind of glad I didn’t, I can’t stand mushrooms!

DaisyChubb

Yes Amanda – I get that coppery taste as well!
It truly is a bag that never ends! haha!

Bonnie – I will definitely have to try it iced! Don’t be too sad, when we have a swap (still working on getting some swap-funds!) I will hook you up ;)

DaisyChubb

Well Alpha, I certainly learned my lesson to maybe not buy a 500g bag of a tea I’ve never tried, even if it sounds amazing. Although it’s not horrible! Just not what I expected haha

Comments

Fjellrev

momo

Bonnie

The Purrfect Cup

I have the 500g bag too…it will never end! :)

Alphakitty

DaisyChubb

Yes Amanda – I get that coppery taste as well!
It truly is a bag that never ends! haha!

You can call me Daisy.

My rating system is as follows:

50-75: It was alright! It was… alright! Not horrible, but I might not re-steep.

25-50: Ew. But I will finish the cup.

1-25: Please no, I want to dump it.

The Steepster community is my safe place. Thank you to all my tea friends!

<3 Daisy