drank Banana Nut Bread by DAVIDsTEA

I used about 2 tsp and steeped for 10 minutes – I didn’t experience the flavourlessness (not a word :P ) that other people have experienced!

I did however make the mistake of adding agave which made it waaay too sweet – it’s perfectly sweet on its own from the banana! I loved that the banana bits swelled and plumped up – I think they gave a lot of true banana bread flavour and I liked that.

Mike likes banana bread with chocolate chips, so he suggests blending it with a chocolate tea, or adding chocolate chips right into the mix!

Sounds delicious…

noordelijk

Is it nutty though? I don’t tend to like any teas that have nuts/nut flavours, particularily forever nuts from davids tea. If its not too nutty I’ll defs try some because i’ve liked theyre other banana-y teas.

DaisyChubb

It is pretty nutty, definitely tastes like a banana bread with walnuts or pecans, so you might not like this one! If you’ve tried Toasted Walnut, it kind of reminds me of that. :( Sorry!
But hey, you could always try just one cup, or stick with delicious banana oolong (I love that stuff)

Zoltar

Banana oolong is really better is all you want is banana flavour ( i love it too) its also take way less leaf and not 10 minute to have some taste ( im just stunned by how much leaf and time needed to get flavour out of this one ) but it is good once you get the recipe good

Finn88

Yep Banana Oolong is really good for a plain banana flavor. I have the one that David’s Tea makes and it’s awesome :)

katgolik

I liked it a lot too..which totally surprised me as well!

Comments

Finn88

Sounds delicious…

noordelijk

DaisyChubb

Zoltar

katgolik

I liked it a lot too..which totally surprised me as well!

You can call me Daisy.

My rating system is as follows:

50-75: It was alright! It was… alright! Not horrible, but I might not re-steep.

25-50: Ew. But I will finish the cup.

1-25: Please no, I want to dump it.

The Steepster community is my safe place. Thank you to all my tea friends!

<3 Daisy