drank Blue People by Makers Tea

Big thank you to Makers Tea for the sample!

I was pretty excited for this one since I have never had an oolong blended with ginseng before. I used the whole sample (approx 1 tbsp) in my cup, and went for light, gentle steepings so the licorice notes wouldn’t overwhelm.

The taste reminds me of a Chinese Wellness tea that I have – in fact, it tastes exactly like it! It’s a cold/flu tea with a lot of different herbs, but it’s in a tea bag. I much prefer this to the tea bags!

That said, it’s still a taste that is quite unique and not very shy! The licorice root is mild and definitely adds a sweetness, but not at all cloying. Very gentle and a nice offering – I’m glad I got to try!

My only “complaint” is that the samples came via regular mail, so they were quite crushed – however they were free samples and I have no doubt that an order would come protected. Just something to note!

Tina S.

I love the name of this one!

Comments

Tina S.

I love the name of this one!

You can call me Daisy.

My rating system is as follows:

50-75: It was alright! It was… alright! Not horrible, but I might not re-steep.

25-50: Ew. But I will finish the cup.

1-25: Please no, I want to dump it.

The Steepster community is my safe place. Thank you to all my tea friends!

<3 Daisy