Let me begin by saying that I’ve read all the reviews for this matcha, and although it sounds delicious, I never thought Bavarian Cream would be a flavour I crave. I love donuts with fillings, don’t get me wrong, but they aren’t something I jones for in the middle of the night. (I haven’t been pregnant yet, so that could change! Haha). I guess what I’m trying to say is – I already have the Cheesecake Matcha, how amazing could Bavarian Cream be?

The answer? Extremely amazing. Absolutely amazing. Exclaim it to the heavens! I got the delicate flavouring as usual (http://www.redleaftea.com/matcha-tea/bavarian-cream-matcha.html).

There’s something about this flavour that took me by surprise and wooed me. The smell is sweet and creamy, no mistaking it for “vanilla” or something generic, it’s quite a specific scent. The aroma is true to the taste, hallelujah! There’s almost a “thickness” to it, and certainly a richness, that is reminiscent of its namesake. Creamy creamy creamy! The smell and taste of biting into that perfect area of donut where all the cream is. I personally like to save that part for the last, if I’m lucky. ;)

Thankfully with this matcha, I get the best part all to myself!

My personal favourite way to enjoy this matcha is as a hot latte with a pinch of sugar, to make the flavour pop and enhance the cream (if it can get any creamier – my goodness!). That said, I also shook it up in a water bottle and took it to work as an iced tea and again it really surprised me! No sugar added + true Bavarian Cream flavour = a happy Ash-Lee servicing customers with a buzz! Thanks Red Leaf Tea!

Alphakitty

This one really does have a creamy consistency! It’s so tasty.

DaisyChubb

I know right? I think we can all agree on its deliciousness ;)

LiberTEAS

Yes I do love this one. Very nice when mixed with the Strawberry Matcha too.

Well well Liberteas, I know what I will be bringing to work tomorrow :D

Azzrian

I am about to mix this with orange!

Comments

Alphakitty

This one really does have a creamy consistency! It’s so tasty.

DaisyChubb

I know right? I think we can all agree on its deliciousness ;)

LiberTEAS

Yes I do love this one. Very nice when mixed with the Strawberry Matcha too.

Well well Liberteas, I know what I will be bringing to work tomorrow :D

Azzrian

I am about to mix this with orange!

You can call me Daisy.

My rating system is as follows:

50-75: It was alright! It was… alright! Not horrible, but I might not re-steep.

25-50: Ew. But I will finish the cup.

1-25: Please no, I want to dump it.

The Steepster community is my safe place. Thank you to all my tea friends!

<3 Daisy