I am SO excited to write this review for the amazing Cookies & Cream flavour on my first time trying the Black matcha base! I’ll ruin the surprise and say it is a delicious change from the usual.

I feel like this flavour is perfect for the Black base, as when I think of Cookies & Cream I think of oreos, or the yummy white chocolate bar with dark cookie bits in it. I feel like they were kind of meant to be together, and since it was on sale I thought it a perfect chance to give it a try!

The scent and flavour is wonderful – not vegetal like the green matcha, I can’t really smell the base tea through the strength of the yummy C&C flavour (I did splurge for Robust this time!).

I whisked it up and it was very smooth! Not as frothy, but no lumps – so far so good. As for the taste, it is such a nice change from my other matchas! I would guess it is a China black – what I can tell about the base is that it is naturally sweet and goes perfectly with the chocolate flavours in the tea.

I used 185 for the temp to be safe, since I’m consuming the leaves instead of just steeping them, I didn’t want it to scorch or burn! Delicious first few sips, but with the addition of milk and sugar it transforms! Have you ever had powdered Milk Tea? It totally reminded me of that – I’m sure it’s the same idea actually, except now you get to control what the milk is (almond? Soy? 2%?) and the amount of sugar! Total comfort in the cup with the taste of chocolate cookies with a creamy white icing.

I’m glad I went for Robust, but next time I would get even more flavouring for this one – that said, I might just need to get used to the Black base and the flavouring will pop even more!

Here’s where it can be found, I definitely recommend the black base: http://www.redleaftea.com/matcha-tea/cookies-and-cream-matcha.html

CHAroma

Oooooh, I’m definitely going to try this one out with the black matcha base!

DaisyChubb

I liked it a lot! I’ll try to remember to send some your way ;)

Comments

CHAroma

Oooooh, I’m definitely going to try this one out with the black matcha base!

DaisyChubb

I liked it a lot! I’ll try to remember to send some your way ;)

You can call me Daisy.

My rating system is as follows:

50-75: It was alright! It was… alright! Not horrible, but I might not re-steep.

25-50: Ew. But I will finish the cup.

1-25: Please no, I want to dump it.

The Steepster community is my safe place. Thank you to all my tea friends!

<3 Daisy