Tis the season for pumpkin pie! And hey, happy Thanksgiving fellow Canadians! I am thankful for this matcha.

So frothed up on its own (no additions) it was quite spicy. Well, not spicy hot but tasted a lot like spices! The pumpkin was definitely in the smell though, so I knew it was a pumpkin tea and not just a spice tea! I did spring for Robust flavouring which might have been the result of the spices.

Of course, what’s a pumpkin pie matcha without a latte? This is where the tea did SHINE! I frothed up the matcha with a bit of brown sugar then added about ¼ cup warm water. I then heated up the rest of my Vanilla Almond milk, added it and topped the cup with a healthy helping of whipped cream – oh mama! The brown sugar brought out the sweet pumpkin flavour – I could even taste a bit of crust! I love when that happens.

To be honest, this isn’t my perfect Pumpkin Pie Matcha – I find the clove to be very overpowering, which I don’t mind, but I could use more pumpkin in my perfect flavouring. That’s just me though, everyone is different!

I definitely recommend this tea as a hot latte on a crisp fall day in your cutest flannel and plaid scarf. You can add in some friends to share, or be like me and keep it all to yourself.
Either way, here’s where you can find it: http://www.redleaftea.com/matcha-tea/pumpkin-pie-matcha.html

canadianadia

Happy Thanksgiving :)

Happy Thanksgiving!

DaisyChubb

(it’s a few days early, but I couldn’t resist – it is pumpkin after all!)

tattooed_tea

I wish I had this, so I wouldn’t indulge in a full pie! haha I can’t help myself when it comes to pumpkin

MissMylin

Happy Thanksgiving to you too! Hope you have a relaxing weekend with many cups of yummy tea to offset the turkey dinner :)

Helena

Happy Thanksgiving (none of my pumpkin teas made it in time) so I’ll have to have some of my pumpkin chai later :D

Comments

canadianadia

Happy Thanksgiving :)

Happy Thanksgiving!

DaisyChubb

(it’s a few days early, but I couldn’t resist – it is pumpkin after all!)

MissMylin

Helena

You can call me Daisy.

My rating system is as follows:

50-75: It was alright! It was… alright! Not horrible, but I might not re-steep.

25-50: Ew. But I will finish the cup.

1-25: Please no, I want to dump it.

The Steepster community is my safe place. Thank you to all my tea friends!

<3 Daisy