drank Eggnog Matcha by Red Leaf Tea

Alriiiight I am so glad I decided to get this one now! (http://www.redleaftea.com/matcha-tea/eggnog-matcha.html) I definitely debated as to whether I should drink it before Christmas. My curiosity got the better of me and I had to open it when it arrived. Oh! The smell is creeeeamy. It reminds me a lot of Bavarian Cream matcha but with a hint of allspice.

I whipped it up and added a bit of sugar. Eggnog as a beverage is usually thick and creamy and coats your throat! I routinely cut mine with milk to make it a little more thin. This technique also makes the Eggnog last longer! The taste of the matcha reminds me a lot of my “milked” down version – the texture as well!

For my next cup I upped the creamy ante and added cold milk (I’m not a hot Eggnog drinker, always has to be cold!). This helped a lot with the eggnog taste! It was sweet and just a tad of allspice was present. I’ll admit the taste does remind me more of the Bavarian Cream than Eggnog – but that is not a problem in this household!

All in all it’s a very tasty matcha – does leave a bit to be desired when it comes to associating with the name, but the amazing flavour certainly makes it worth it. Once I get some spiced rum, it’ll be splashed in with vigor!

LiberTEAS

Going to have to get this one soon too.

Helena

It’s on my Christmas list :D

Comments

LiberTEAS

Going to have to get this one soon too.

Helena

It’s on my Christmas list :D

You can call me Daisy.

My rating system is as follows:

50-75: It was alright! It was… alright! Not horrible, but I might not re-steep.

25-50: Ew. But I will finish the cup.

1-25: Please no, I want to dump it.

The Steepster community is my safe place. Thank you to all my tea friends!

<3 Daisy