drank Mint Matcha by Red Leaf Tea

Mint mint mint! This is my review of how to love mint matcha!
First of all – they’re both green! That helps with that feeling of “I’m drinking a strawberry flavoured drink but it’s green instead of red! Ow my brain!”

It freshens your breath! Don’t do what I do and make your matcha way too strong – otherwise associations of swallowing mouth wash come to mind. Oops!

It’s classy! Think of crème de menthe. Okay crème de menthe way be a little old fashioned, but it still hits the spot when you sip from crystal glasses. Drink this matcha from a crystal bowl! Now you’re fancy too!

It’s great for cookies! Peppermint shortbread is one of my favourite Christmas cookie flavours. Nobody will blink at a red and green cookie – so go for it!

It’s a perfect mixer! I know this is a strange and unorthodox review, but this is finally the part when I drink the matcha and love it! Chocolate mint my friends. I mixed a healthy dose (1/2 tsp) of Belgium Chocolate matcha with a small amount (1/4 tsp) of mint matcha! The mint is quite strong, but after experimenting I’ve found this to be my favourite mix. For an extra treat I add the matcha right into warm milk and froth it up!

It is delish and reminds me of an After Eight hot chocolate. If that’s not a treat, I don’t know what is!

Here’s where you can pick up some minty goodness, but be careful, it’s STRONG! (http://www.redleaftea.com/matcha-tea/mint-matcha.html)

CHAroma

This is random and not tea related, but your comment about drinking matcha out of a crystal bowl made me think of it…Did you know that crystal stemware is made with lead??? Yes, the lead that poisons people!! I couldn’t believe it! Check this out (and check out the date, 1991!!! How come I’m just now hearing about this?!): http://www.nytimes.com/1991/02/20/garden/fda-issues-warnings-on-using-lead-crystal.html

DaisyChubb

Oh I did NOT know that! Good to know! I actually don’t have any crystal, I was referring to a moment from the movie 28 days later! I’m not really at all fancy lol

CHAroma

I happened across that article when I was trying to figure out which crystal pattern to register for. Now I’m thinking I’ll just skip the crystal…LOL! My mom thought I was making way too big a deal about it, but better safe than sorry! I don’t want to have deformed kids and then find out it’s from drinking lead! Ahhh!!!

Nik

Yummy, liquified After Eights (or Andes candies). I think that’s how I’d drink this, too. Thanks for the great idea. =)

Babble

What flavor level did you get? Mint matcha does sound good to mix with other flavors.

Delicate :)

Comments

CHAroma

Nik

Babble

Delicate :)

You can call me Daisy.

My rating system is as follows:

50-75: It was alright! It was… alright! Not horrible, but I might not re-steep.

25-50: Ew. But I will finish the cup.

1-25: Please no, I want to dump it.

The Steepster community is my safe place. Thank you to all my tea friends!

<3 Daisy